A 3 percent raise is included in the non-certified salary schedule approved Monday for the 2019-20 school year at Purcell Public Schools.
Superintendent Dr. Sheli McAdoo told board members that the schedule will cost the district about $32,400.
The new pay grades are as follows:
- Secretary, 12 months – $12.93 per hour ($20,543) starting to $19.05 per hour ($30,267) for 25 years.
- Secretary, 11 months – $12.13 per hour ($17,659) starting to $17.84 per hour ($25,982) for 25 years.
- Secretary, 10 months – $11.02 per hour ($14,508) starting to $14.94 per hour ($19,678) for 25 years.
Extra duty pay for secretaries includes treasurer, $10,500; encumbrance clerk, $9,000; payroll/personnel clerk, $6,000; computer tech, $5,030; superintendent/assistant superintendent secretary, $4,500; activity fund custodian, $4,000; board of education minutes clerk/transcript clerk/child nutrition fund clerk, $2,000 each; transportation secretary, $1,500; attendance clerk/student transfer clerk, $1,000 each; assistant activities secretary, $775; federal programs clerk, $600; cell phone usage, $300.
- Teacher assistant – $9.63 per hour ($11,526) starting to $13.32 ($15,939) for 25 years. Extra duty included $9,600 for Ed Station director and $500 each for office assistant and para/higher education.
- Custodian – $8.77 per hour ($17,227) starting to $11.98 ($23,536) for 25 years.
- Bus driver – $12.05 per hour ($7,210) starting to $15.87 (9,497) for 25 years.
- Transportation/maintenance – $11.92 per hour ($23,417) starting to $16.44 per hour ($32,291) for 25 years. Extra duty pay is $10,500 each for transportation director and maintenance director and $2,000 for maintenance technician.
Additional pay for transportation/maintenance includes $10,000 personal tool allowance for the transportation director, $4,000 tool/truck allowance for the maintenance director. $3,000 tool/truck allowance for ground maintenance and $2,275 tool/truck allowance for maintenance technician.
Board members also approved the master contract agreement between the district and Purcell Association of Classroom Teachers.
With the addition of three new school buses, the board declared three older buses surplus property,
The next step will be to accept bids on those buses – two 2001 71-passenger buses and a 2003 35-passenger bus.
The buses can be viewed starting September 18. The deadline to submit bids will be October 4 and bids will be opened at noon October 8.
Winning bidders will be able to pick up the buses on October 15.
In other business, the board appointed McAdoo as the district’s lead contact with FEMA and approved an extra-duty contract with Paul Wollenberg to cover seventh grade basketball.