Police are encouraging residents to lock their vehicles after a recent surge in auto burglaries and some vehicle thefts have recently occurred.
Officers have been very busy investigating the incidents including:
- Theft of a vehicle in the 800 block of W. Pierce January 16.
- Burglary of a vehicle in the 600 block of W. Madison January 10.
- Burglary of a vehicle in the 1000 block of W. Adams where a shotgun and billfold were taken sometime between midnight January 16 until mid morning January 18.
- Burglary of a vehicle on W. Lovers Lane where some loose change and some golf clubs were stolen from a vehicle January 18.
- Larceny of a vehicle at Love’s Travel Stop at 225 N. Green Avenue. Police said two suspects were getting gas at the convenience store. When one went in to pay he noticed an employee’s keys and fob on the counter taking them. The second suspect drove off in the vehicle northbound on Green. A tracking device led officers to 2256 Donna Drive in Norman where the vehicle was recovered and towed back to Purcell January 22.
- Larceny of items in a vehicle at 317 W. Madison when a Vortez Binoculars with case and a pair of Native Sunglasses were taken January 16.
- Larceny of items in a vehicle at 405 W. Madison when five gallons of gasoline were siphoned from the vehicle and the victim noticed pry marks on the passenger side door January 20.
- Larceny of items from a vehicle in the 300 block of W. Madison January 16 where a chain saw and an electric air pump were stolen.
- Larceny from a vehicle in the 600 block of North 7th in Purcell where a touch screen radio was taken out of the dash of a vehicle January 16.
- Police were called to the 1700 block of Anthony Avenue where a Purcell couple said one of their vehicles had been “gone through”. While they were checking out the inside of the vehicle they noticed their second vehicle, a cream 2017 Chevy Malibu was missing from the driveway. The victims told police they kept a spare key to the Malibu in the 2017 Dodge Caravan. The Malibu has been put into the NCIC.