Guidelines have been established for winter sports according to the Canadian Valley Conference, which are in compliance with mandates by Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt.
Teams in the Canadian Valley Conference (CVC) include Bridge Creek Bobcats, Davis Wolves, Lexington Bulldogs, Lindsay Leopards, Marlow Outlaws, Pauls Valley Panthers, Purcell Dragons and Washington Warriors.
Purcell is now playing its junior high games at The Reimer Center.
- According to Purcell Athletic Director Carol Testa, after the Christmas break only four people may attend games per player.
- Mask or face coverings are required for all spectators, coaches, workers, officials (when applicable), patrons or anyone entering a Canadian Valley Conference Facility.
- It is expected that all opposing teams and coaches conduct COVID-19 screening and temperature checks before traveling to CVC facilities.
- Athletes not engaged in competition (bench area) will be recommended to wear facial coverings.
- Ticket sellers and concession workers will be required to wear masks and gloves. We would like to limit exchanges between patrons and workers while promoting social distancing with limited gatherings in both areas.
- All non-participants will be required to wear masks/face coverings at all times and maintain social distance when possible. (Please stay at least 6 feet apart from one another.)
- No spectators will be allowed inside the facilities during practices.
- While we believe sportsmanship is a paramount to the development of young people, at this time, we will recommend no pre-game or post-game hand shaking, high-fives, or fist bumps between opposing teams to reduce contact as much as possible.
- Visiting teams will be responsible for bringing their own individual water bottles.
- Teams will need to bring their own warm-up basketballs. Game basketballs will be provided and sanitized.
- For participants, officials and coaches, no shared towels, clothing, shoes or water bottles.
- Locker rooms will be accessible to teams but we highly recommend, for both home and visiting teams as well as officials, to come dressed and ready to participate for the event. Masks are recommended in locker rooms, athletic training rooms and coaches’ offices and any area considered outside of the playing area or court. Locker rooms will be sanitized prior to and after occupancy.
- Only necessary personnel will be allowed at scorer’s tables.
- We recommend everyone use hand sanitizer before entering the gym. Sanitizer will be available at the ticket table and concession area.
- Loitering in the gym lobby will not be allowed before, during, or after games. As soon as the event has concluded, please make your way to the exits. No congregating in the facilities.
- At some of our facilities, there may be seats marked off that are not to be used. Please refrain from sitting in these designated areas.