Filings for nine board of education and two Purcell City Council seats closed at 5 p.m. December 9 with just two races headed to the February 9 primary election.
Purcell Mayor Ted Cox and council member Theda Engert drew no opponents for their Division 2 and 3 seats, respectively.
Incumbent Kevin Andrews was the lone candidate for the Office 1 seat on Purcell’s school board.
He was appointed to Chelle McCaskill’s unexpired term in September.
Other school board incumbents who are unopposed for another term include:
- Blanchard, Office 1 – David Paulk.
- Lexington, Office 1 – Joe Torres.
- Mid-America Technology Center, Office 2 – Michael Dillinger.
- Newcastle, Office 3 – Tiffany M. Elcyzyn.
- Washington, Office 1 – Monty Strickland is unopposed after Cody Grace withdrew on December 10.
- Wayne, Office 1 – Jim Spencer.
On the ballot in February will be:
- Dibble, Office 1 – Jason Ott, Omie Spieker. Incumbent Greg Hamby did not file.
- Newcastle, Office 1 – T. Darrin Abel, Jeff Dingee (incumbent). A third candidate, Jeremy Gilbertson, withdrew Friday.
If needed following the primary, the general election for school board contests will be April 6.